Wednesday 2 February 2011

Murray needs a Tennis Major too much.

I think that Andy Murray needs to work on his aura. Nadal projects calm, power and can be intimidating. Federer projects total control, feeling of expertise and 'I've done it all'. I think they both have an intimidating effect on the opponent.
Murray gives of a tense , 'stropy teenager' aura. His opponent always feels that he could get under his skin and set off his internal demons.

More work to be done yet.

But, having lost in the fianl in Australia, I was disapointed by all the talk of 'I am sure you will win a major one day'. His opponent said it. The tournament Director said it, and Murray talked about it.

Has it become too important? Like Colin Montgomery in Golf, is it too much of a mental hurdle, so he will always trip himself up at the last minute?

I fear he will never be able to strike the Tennis Balls true in a final if it weighs so heavily on his mind. Monty always was close, but not close enough, have we another nearly great Scotsman?

1 comment:

  1. Murray has sailed through to the 3 finals but, has yet to win a set in any of them.

    Choker, you decide?

    ReplyDelete